Friday 25 August 2006

exhibition - INSTALLATION "I SEE"






23/4/2006: INSTALLATION " I SEE .."

Artist: Nguyen Kim Hoang



There was a wind that accidentally ignited a fire in me, and I craved to express it, gradually becoming an obsession… so it is… have you ever thought about an obsession? For me, it is not simply pain, loss… sometimes it is changing from a torment, from a passion… there are times when it is as if I will shatter because of such delirious thoughts, I crave to speak, desire to say… I storm away, but am stopped because of a person’s sentiment…


“I ... fall into a passion, swept away... Following me into sleep and awaking with me are liquid crystal body shapes, flexibly moving and writhing, crouching and twisting upward... His emergence is a pompous turning in front of me.

I turn my face, I brush him aside, I stomp on him... But his figures are glass, flat in wither entreat... then I see broken pieces, some red, some black... I feel pain... I reach out to touch him, but why... why it isn’t real!

I run but still look back... How severe I am!?? It seems his legs can’t move him further; His body looks as though it self destruct - the broken pieces are green. How he needs an arm, a look, a love... He needs forgiveness! ”
And, many different worlds are opened when I heed to the feelings of others. There is death existing in life; pain in resentment; distortion in desire… the hidden corners that are unaccepted. Suddenly, I don’t want to speak with words, I don’t want my obsession to be confined by the feelings of those watching. Listen to yourself! And tell me the first simple word that comes into your mind.
And, think about this simple thing, I want to express! I want to be heard. I want to be freed! That is expression!


Project title: I SEE…


Idea: Buto, an artistic dance that was created by the Japanese as a resistance to the Europeans. Specifically, opposing ballet. If ballet is perfection of the beauty of conformation, elegance, attractiveness, softness, tenderness, and with the tendency to look upwards, Buto is the contrary. It is hard, rough, and looks downwards… showing the bad that exists in our life, the bad that has not been accepted by every man. From this perspective, I think about an invisible corner of a man – a Buto dancer. Twisting, pain, obstacles, and desire are what I want to portray… along side a man is also a devil, an animal, a serpent, and a broken spirit…

No comments:

Dư vị nhân gian

  Mấy nay trên Newfeed Facebook lần lượt hiện ra những bài reviews của mọi người trong về MUÔN VỊ NHÂN GIAN, bộ phim của Trần Anh Hùng đoạt...